Saturday, April 27, 2013

Barcelona Day Two

It rained all morning again. We took the metro into town around lunch time and ate at a really good Argentinean restaurant. I expected the portions to be smaller here, but so far they are the same as in the US. I have noticed that there aren't nearly as many obese people as there are at home, though. I'm beginning to miss free tap water. I drank a whole coke today for the first time ever ( I don't really like coke, but I REALLY don't like wine). The rest of the day we walked around the city in the rain making stops at the Chocolate Museum and the Barcelona Cathedral. We were only able to see half of the inside of the church because there was a mass in session.

We had tapas for dinner and grabbed some hot chocolate and gelato on our way home. The hot chocolate here is the consistency of pudding, and is served with a spoon.

I went to the gym more than usual the month leading up to our trip and can tell I've built up some endurance, but my legs and feet are still really sore. We are both really tired again, but feel like we've almost adjusted to the time change.

Tomorrow we're going to walk around the oldest neighborhood in Barcelona. I hope it warms up and the rain stops.











2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much goodness in one day-- Argentinean restaurant, chocolate museum, Messi, Barcelona Cathedral?! ;) It's so great you are experiencing a good variety of things! Hope the weather gets better!

    ReplyDelete